How To Root Galaxy Y
If you want to update your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 with the latest custom ROMs available then you should know that first of all you must root the phone’s system. Without rooting, you can’t enjoy the Android 4.0 or even 4.1 flavor on your own smartphone (we will bring OS updates that can be installed on your phone soon) therefore you must complete the already mentioned operation. In order to help you out I will teach you how to easily root the Galaxy Y on any firmware, the suitable tutorial being explained below.
But before heading to the actual guide, you should ensure that you know everything about the root concept. Most of the users are rooting their devices without even knowing what they are doing and ending in regretting their decision. In order to avoid these situations you must be sure that completing this tutorial is what you need for your Galaxy Y. Don’t worry, you have all the details needed here, checking the same taking only a couple of minutes from your time.
By rooting your Samsung Galaxy Y you will actually unchain its internal system form the factory restrictions. When you first buy a phone it will be delivered with the default settings installed by the carrier. That means that each version of the devices will be coming with different settings, so you can’t use a root tutorial for all the Android smartphones out there. There are guides suitable for almost all the handsets available on the market, so it’s very hard not to find one for your own phone or tablet.
The root operation is not official one, so this tutorial is not being offered by Samsung. In fact those of xda-developers are being “responsible” so we have them to thanks for this opportunity. Now, as mentioned, by rooting the Galaxy Y we actually understand that we are making changes into the internal system. This aspect implies in voiding the warranty. In this way the carrier tries to ensure that you won’t remove the factory restrictions. But, don’t worry as the warranty can be restored as soon as you downgrade to the stock ROM, or by updating with an official OS released by Samsung only for your Galaxy Y.
The best part is that after gaining root access you will be able to update your Galaxy Y S5360 with custom ROMs, customize or optimize the internal system and install complex apps that requires root access in order to run properly. So, in order to conclude, the root operation is the first step that must be completed by those who are looking forward in improving the performances of their devices. Now, I will teach you how to root the Galaxy Y on any software therefore you can apply this step by step guide regardless the ROM that is featured by your handset.
But first you must backup the Samsung Galaxy Y data. This is being considered a risky operation and you might lose all of your personal info by performing the same. You can use our previous guides and learn how to perform a full and safe backup, or you can just click on the links from below. Also, next I have mentioned a list of tasks that must be applied before starting the proper root operation, so take your time and read everything that is listed there.
- If you want to save the text messages, then you need to download SMS backup and restoreapps for Android.
- For the call logs, you should get suitable backup and restore tools.
- The contacts can be easily saved if you sync with your Gmail account.
- And you can also backup the EFS folder.
- Also you can use a computer or SD card for saving the images and videos files.
- A computer must also be used for the rooting operation and the Galaxy Y USB cord should be near you.
- On both PC and handset deactivate the security options and programs like antivirus and Firewall.
- Charge the battery of your phone.
- Enable the USB debugging option by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- It’s important to apply this guide only if you own the Samsung Galaxy Y model number S5360, and not similar smartphones as you can end up in bricking your Android based device
How to Easily Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
- First of all, download the root package from here and place the file on your computer.
- Then, connect the device with the PC by using its USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file from the computer to the phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cord and turn off the Galaxy Y.
- Reboot by pressing the Volume UP Key, OK button and Power button together.
- From the menu that opens select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Now, just pick the downloaded package from the SD card and flash the same.
- The process will take a while so don’t worry, just wait until it’s completed.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- Now, download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play and see if your Galaxy Y was rooted or not.
As you can see, gaining root access for your Samsung Galaxy Y is an easy operation, performing it taking only a couple of minutes from your free time. You can use the comments area from below for sharing your impressions with us. Do tell how things worked for you or if there were problems while trying to complete the steps.